have several nicknames – hitchhiker, parasite, pest, nuisance, and bloodsucker – all of which fit perfectly. Unfortunately, most people are not aware of the little insects while they go about their business. By the time they return home, they have experienced a bed bug encounter without their knowledge. It may be some time before the encounter is discovered, but all the while, the bed bug is wreaking havoc on the victims’ homes.
While this is just a make-believe story, many bed bug encounters are similar. When victims tell their story, they admit to being unaware throughout the entire process. The first sign of a bed bug
infestation is generally a raised, red spot on the arm, leg, chest, back, or stomach. At first, the red spot is a mystery. Could it be a fly bite, mosquito bite, or ant bite? A visit to the physician’s office is not always enough to determine the real origin of the bite. Until other signs begin to appear, the victim puts two and two together, it is a bed bug bite.
If you are home is infested, you need to find out where the culprits are hiding. There are several ways to drive bed bugs
out of their hiding places. Experts recommend the following:
- Bed exhibit nocturnal behavior, feeding at night. Take advantage of these opportunities to catch the bed bugs in action.
- Reposition bed in the center of the room, install CO2 traps between wall and bed. CO2 traps generate heat to draw bed bugs. Place adhesive traps in the area to capture the bed bugs as they come out of hiding.
- Utilize a floor steamer machine to draw the bed bugs out of their hiding places. Direct the steam toward suspicious areas to achieve the maximum results.
- Set up heaters in suspicious areas. Direct the heat in the direction of where you believe the bed bugs are hiding. Set up glue traps in the area to capture the bed bugs as they emerge from their hiding places.
- Contaminated clothes and bed linen should be put through a full laundry cycle on the maximum heat mode. In order for this process to work, the bed bugs need at least 15 minutes of exposure to temperatures over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bed Bug Detection Kit
If the above tips fail, you can always invest in a bed bug detection kit. The kit works by detecting bed bugs and drawing them to glue traps, where they get trapped. These kits work extremely well when positioned in the right area. Too far away and the bed bugs will not detect the CO2 or heat generated by the detector.
Professional Bed Bug Pest Control
We utilize bed bug-sniffing dogs to find out where bed bugs are hiding. Instead of drawing the insects out of their hiding places, we utilize steam
, thermal heat
, and cryonite
to eradicate them on the spot. We highly recommend these eco-friendly bed bug treatments
because they are so effective. In many cases, a single treatment is all it will take to eradicate a full bed bug inspection in less than 30 minutes.